Monday, June 15, 2009

At your service!

Last week, two games which are admittedly quite old, used up a large part of my limited sparetime: ArmA 2 and Little King's Story.

ArmA 2 is exactly what I expected it to be: a very realistic combat simulator at infantry level, with reasonably well done vehicle parts. The differences to Armed Assault are rather cosmetic from what I could gather, but I haven't yet toyed around with the new commander interface, nor with the again powerful editor.
The only real gripe I have with it is, despite the expected bugs, is the strange bloom/blur that isn't even removed with Kegety's no bloom mod. And the pale greenish color correction.

Little King's Story is quite an unexpected gem. It looks like a kids game, and honestly, I wouldn't have bought it if I hadn't read some very enthusiastic reviews on the web. I'm not too far into it, but it seems to be a very deep game disguised as a childs toy.

I will write more about those two games in the following weeks once I get to spend more time with them, as both games don't deserve a judgement too prematurely.

No comments: